Thursday, August 6, 2009

Forever Loved, Forever Missed


If dad were to look back on his life,
He'd want everyone to see,
That he loved his family and our God most importantly.

None of us saw this coming,
And we don't understand why.
Such an amazing man who loved the Lord,
Was chosen that day to die.

Of all the men in this world, he deserved the best it could offer.
His dream of owning a boat, was that to much to ask for?

A few more mornings to snuggle with his wife,
A few more motorcycles rides with his son, doesn't that sound right?

But maybe the reward dad deserved was more than this world could offer.
And maybe the best gift you could give was for him to meet his creator and his master.

For he loved you God and lived everyday for you.
He taught us kids to worship you and love you too.
And in sadness I may cry out and ask why.
But I know inside on you I can still rely.

To comfort me when my heart is broken.
To hold me with waiting arms wide open.
To make me feel special just like my dad always did.
He reminded me I was beautiful, ever since I was a kid.

Dad told us to not let our lives be consumed with distraction,
From living your purpose and living life using good discretion.
So I will heed to those words,
And hold them close to my heart.
Thinking of you dad before every decision,
Even though we are apart.

Thank you God for sending your son to die for us,So we may have Eternal Life.
I can picture dad waiting at your gates with a smile so bright.
To know I will see dad again, is a precious sight.

That look of pride he gave us kids every time we were around,
Will be spread across his face,
As I run through those pearly gates.

To praise my God and join my dad and say that, "God is Great!"

No comments:

Post a Comment