Friday, June 5, 2009

My Mother



A surprise from the start,

Two twins to steal your heart.

God put us in the best hands he could see.

A mother with so much love and generosity.

Dinner by the pool,

Our rooms always clean.

Never do I remember you ever being mean.


Often taken for granted for all that you did.

I now realize since I'm no longer a kid.


All you did was always for someone else.


Housekeeper to our home,

Chef for our meals,

Chauffer until we were grown,

All a real good deal.


Sympathy for a teenage broken heart,

Silly now to me.

But at the time your compassion was so needed,

And a life long memory.


A letter written to help remind me,

That once I was there for you,

And now you were here for me.


Life brought many ups and downs,

And now I'm glad to say.

That with your unselfish love,

Better times are here to stay.


You've cared for all my needs,

And done the best you could do.


And I would like to take a moment,

To kindly congratulate you.


On being the best Mom and Grandma,

A family could ever hope for.

We can't thank you enough.

We love you and adore.


I'm sad to say a mother's duties really never end.

I will forever need you and call you my best friend.


With Love,

Holly Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment